- Invest in energy-efficient LED holiday lighting. LEDs consume far less electricity than incandescent bulbs. They are safer because they are cooler to the touch, reducing the risk of combustion or burnt fingers. You can connect up to 25 strings of LEDs without overloading a wall socket.
- Never place staples, thumbtacks or nails through light strings or extension cords. Instead, use clips to attach lights in your office. The lights shouldn’t touch furniture or carpeting.
- Make sure all illuminated items are turned off when the office is closed so there’s no risk of a fire breaking out when the building is unattended.
- Verify all your fire safety equipment is in proper working order. Make sure smoke detectors are working and fire extinguishers are fully-charged and easily accessible.
- Lighted candles or any other decorations with open flame should not be permitted in the office.
- Prevent tripping and falling by placing cords and decorations in low-traffic areas where they won’t be walked on.
Unpack your boxes of decorations and unwind the lights – it’s time to take your business from every day to holiday! Read these tips to help keep your customers and employees safe as you create a fun, festive space.