Oceanside is home to numerous community events including MainStreet Oceanside's weekly Farmers and Sunset Markets and annual favorites like Oceanside Harbor Days and Oceanside Beach Soccer. MainStreet Oceanside, Visit Oceanside and the City of Oceanside are also great resources for updated information on the community's events.
Oceanside's most popular events
- Beach Soccer Championships - The Beach Soccer Championships are the largest beach soccer festival on the west coast. Not only consisted of beach soccer, there is also volleyball, surfing and much more!
- Bike the Coast - Choose to ride routes of 25, 50 or 100 miles and experience the best of Southern California and its beautiful beaches. You start and finish on the beach at the Oceanside Pier where there is food, music, shopping and fun!
- Dia de Los Muertos - Dia de Los Muertos is a festival at Mission San Luis Rey that celebrates life and death. Admission to this event is free, but parking fees apply the day of the event.
- Downtown History Walk - The Oceanside Historical Society features Downtown History Walks on the second Saturday of each month beginning at 9:00 a.m. We begin our walks at the Oceanside Civic Center Fountain at Coast Highway and Pier View Way. (Look for the plaque commemorating Oceanside's founder, Andrew Jackson Myers!).
- First Friday Art Walk - Oceanside is the home to military, surf, skate and now a thriving art district. Join us as we promote our vibrant art community showcasing live performances, music, poetry, art education, culinary and pop-up art galleries embedded in local businesses and public spaces.
- Independence Day Parade - Join MainStreet Oceanside along with presenting sponsor Tri-City Medical Center as we celebrate our Nation's Independence. The Parade takes place in downtown Oceanside and is televised on Oceanside Community Television KOCT.
- Ironman Triathlon - The Ironman Triathlon consists of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bicycle ride, and a 26.2-mile run that is raced in that order with no breaks. There is a strict time limit of 17 hours to finish the race.
- Labor Day Swim at the Pier - The Labor Day Swim at the Pier is a one-mile swim that goes out and around the pier. The course is marked with colored buoys, and the finish line will be on the beach marked with flags.
- MainStreet Oceanside's Sunset Market - MainStreet Oceanside's Sunset Market has been a bright spot in downtown Oceanside since August 2007. This weekly gathering is so much more than a Farmers Market.
- Oceanside International Film Festival - The Oceanside International Film Festival gives independent filmmakers and opportunity to have their work screened and judged. For those that like independent movies, the Film Festival gives you a jumpstart chance to view local and international films.
- Oceanside Tree Lighting - The Oceanside Tree Lighting is a free event that helps kick off the holiday season with a Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony that includes holiday music, milk and cookies, fun family crafts and a surprise guest!
- Oceanside Turkey Trot - The Virtual Turkey Trot has a 10K Run, a 5K run/walk, and multiple kid’s races. Typically held in person, this event has participants from all over the country, and all finishers receive a medal, t-shirt, goodie bag, and complimentary refreshments at the finish line.
- Race Across America - Race Across America is well-respected and one of the longest running endurance sports events in the world. The race consists of 3,000 miles going across 12 states.
- Scholastic Surf Contest Series - The Scholastic Surf Contest Series was formed in 2010 for middle and high school surf teams. The competition areas are divided into three sections, and each section will have five events building up to the State Championship Contest.
- Surfrider Beach Cleanups - The first Saturday of each Month, the Surfrider Foundation hosts a Beach cleanup. Supplies will be provided, but please bring your own reusable bag, bucket and work gloves if you have them. Unless otherwise noted, all cleanups will be held from 9 am to 11 am. Meet on the north side of the pier.
- Taste of Oceanside - Taste of Oceanside will feature 17 downtown restaurants, breweries and wineries that will offer samples of their food and beverages. This event is to feature Oceanside’s growing restaurant, brewery, and winery businesses.
- Western Surfing Association Surf Contest - The Western Surfing Association Surf Contest is a non-profit corporation that believes in promoting and preserving surfing by having family friendly competitions.
- World Bodysurfing Championships - The World Bodysurfing Championships has about 350-400 bodysurfers that will compete in their age divisions for trophies and prizes. The Grand Champions will be announced on the final day of the championship.