CalFire announced that the mandatory evacuations in Oceanside will not be lifted today and will be reassessed Saturday morning due to continuing red flag wind conditions and smoldering fire areas. Evacuation orders are still in effect and the map area has not changed since last night at 10:00 p.m.
The shelter at Oceanside High School has reached capacity.
People seeking shelter should go to the gymnasium at Palomar College. The address is:
1140 W. Mission Rd.
San Marcos, CA 92069
This is a pet-friendly facility for small animals (e.g., cats and dogs).
The Del Mar Fairgrounds is open for large animals.
CURRENT MANDATORY EVACUATIONS:
Areas north of North River Road to Camp Pendleton
Areas east of Douglas Drive to Fallbrook and Oceanside City limits
Areas east and north of Oceanside Municipal Golf Course
Areas east of Melrose between N. Santa Fe Bobier
Areas east of N. Santa Fe Drive
Areas east of College between North River Road and the 76
A reverse 9-1-1 call has been placed for those residing in the mandatory evacuation areas as well as the Oceanside Police Department using vehicles and a Public Announcement System.
People wishing to make donations of cash, check and credit card can visit the Country Club Senior Center in Oceanside on Monday. Additionally, people may donate to sdfoundation.org to help fire victims.
Please do not fly drones anywhere near the fire impacted areas so that aircraft can safely conduct their operations.
Public Information Access
Radio (600AM, HAM Radio, etc)
Television (KOCT Ch19)
Hashtags: #oceanside #LilacFire
Cal Trans update on the Lilac Fire. Fortunately, there have been no changes this morning. Fire is currently at 4,100 acres and 85 structures have been burned. Evacuated areas are currently not allowed to return to their homes. Roads currently closed are:
ROAD AND FREEWAY CLOSURES
- Gopher Canyon Road is closed from East Vista Way to Little Gopher Canyon Road
- Old River Road at Little Gopher Canyon Road through Golf Club Drive
- Camino Del Rey is closed at State Route 76 to Old Highway 395
- Old Highway 395 closed from SR_76 to West Lilac Road
- West Lilac Road from Old Highway 395 to Camino Del Rey
- SR-76, from Old Highway 395 to Via Monserate (CHP estimates closure through Friday morning)
- South Mission Road is closed at Winterhaven Road to southbound traffic all the way to SR-76
- SB-15 to Old Highway 395 off-ramp is closed
- Camino Del Rey at the Old Highway 395
- Camino Del Rey at West Lilac
- Camino Del Rey East of SR-76
- SR-76 is closed between I-15 and East Vista Way
- The area south of N. River Road, North of Oceanside Blvd. West of Melrose Drive and N. Santa Fe, and East of Old Grove Road and Douglas Drive
- The area east of Douglas Drive, West of Wishire Road, North of N. River Road and South of Camp Pendleton Eastern Fence Line
- The area south of Reche Road, North of Burma Road, North of Burma Road and East of the Camp Pendleton Eastern Fence
- The area South of North River Road, North of Bobier Drive, East of Melrose and North Santa fe, and West of East Vista Way
- South of Reche Road, west of I-15 (6:30 p.m., Thursday)
- East of Green Canyon Road and South Mission Road (6:30 p.m., Thursday)
- North of SR-76 (6:30 p.m., Thursday)
- South of Burma Road
- East of Wilshire
- North of North River Road
- West of South Mission Road
- East Vista Way and Mission Road
- South of North River Road
- West of East Vista Way
- North of Bobier Drive
- East of Melrose and North Santa Fe
- SR-76 west of I-15 and north of Gopher Canyon Road
- East of Village Way and Mission Road
- Douglas to Oceanside's eastern city limits and all areas north of N. River Road
The area South of S. Santa Fe and South of N. River Rd., West of Old Grove Road and West of Douglas Drive, North of Oceanside Blvd. and North of SR-76 is also under a voluntary evacuation.
- EL CAJON: Bostonia Park & Recreation Center (1049 Bostonia Street)
- ESCONDIDO: East Valley Community Center (2245 E. Valley Parkway)
- OCEANSIDE: New Venture Christian Fellowship (4000 Mystra Drive)
- OCEANSIDE: Oceanside High School (1 Pirates Cove Way) - reached capacity Thursday night.
- SAN MARCOS: Palomar College (1140 West Mission Road)
- CARLSBAD: The Forum at Carlsbad (1923 Calle Barcelona) is a temporary shelter
- CARLSBAD: Stagecoach Community Park (3420 Camino De Los Coches) - reached capacity Thursday night.
As of 11 p.m., the Stagecoach community Park in Carlsbad was at capacity and no longer accepting evacuees. Evacuees for both were being directed to East Valley Community Center in Escondido.
The Del Mar Fairgrounds and the San Diego Polo Fields in Del Mar are open for large animal evacuations. After dark, all evacuations will be sent to the fairgrounds.
People bringing animals are asked to bring hay, halters and buckets if possible.
People who need assistance evacuating large animals should call the county's Department of Animal Service's 24-hour emergency dispatch at (619) 236-2341 or the San Diego Humane Society at (619) 243-3466.
The Del Mar Fairgrounds Animal Evacuation Center is currently fully staffed with volunteers but a spokeswoman for the center said people who wish to volunteer on Friday can show up beginning at 6 a.m.
In addition, they are asking for donations of feed and bedding (shavings, etc) for the animals that are being sheltered from the fire (more than 100 have been brought in on Thursday).
People making donations or seeking to house their livestock at the center are asked to enter the East Stable Gate, which is the first gate off of Jimmy Durante Boulevard. For more information on how to volunteer visit here.
FRIDAY SCHOOL CLOSURES
Schools were issuing closures for Friday. Some were not immediately threatened by the fire, but were shuttering school doors due to poor air quality or out of concern for their students.
- Bella Mente Montessori Academy
- Bonsall Unified School District
- Carlsbad Unified School District
- Classical Academy and Classical Academy High School
- Coastal Academy
- Epiphany Prep: Escondido campus (charter school)
- Escondido Charter High School
- Fallbrook Union Elementary School District
- Fallbrook Union High School District
- Guajome Park Academy (Vista)
- Heritage K-8 Charter
- Julian Union Elementary School District
- Julian Union High School District
- Momentum Learning juvenile court and community schools (operated by the San Diego County Office of Education): Youth Day Center, Breaking Cycles, Innovations Academy of Empowerment, North County Technology Academy
- Mountain Empire Unified School District
- North County Academy
- North County Trade Tech High School
- Oceanside Unified School District
- Pacific View Charter School
- San Marcos Unified School District
- Spencer Valley School District
- Temecula Valley Unified School District
- Vista Unified School District
- Warner Unified School District
- The Children's Paradise Preschool locations in Vista and Oceanside will be closed.
Legoland California will be closed Friday out of consideration for employees affected by the recent fires.The aquarium and hotel will remain open.
The County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) is closing the following Oceanside and Fallbrook facilities on Friday, Dec. 8 due to the Lilac Fire:
- North Coastal Family Resource Center, Aging and Independence Services, and Child Welfare Services located at Union Plaza Court in Oceanside
- North Coastal Public Health Center located at 3609 Ocean Ranch Boulevard in Oceanside
- Fallbrook Community Resource Center at 202 West College Street
The VA Oceanside Clinic is closed and all appointments are canceled for Friday, Dec. 8.
FRIDAY COLLEGE CLOSURES
- Cal State San Marcos
- Palomar College
- Mira Costa College (all campuses)
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Due to the fire, several North County Transit District (NCTD) routes were halted. A full list of routes affected can be found in the Breeze section.
The county was reminding people seeking information about the fire to call 211 and that 911 should only be used for emergency situations. In addition, officials are stressing that the 211 line is only for people directly impacted by the fire and that residents of other areas should not be calling that number.