February is Brewing Month in San Diego County and the Water Authority is celebrating with a special roast of Authority 1944 Blend created by Cafe Moto, a social media contest with cool prizes, and other events throughout the region.
Brewing Month and related activities are part of the Water Authority’s Brought to You by Water outreach and education program, designed to convey the importance of safe and reliable water supplies for sustaining the region’s 3.3 million people and its $220 billion economy. Starting in 2018, the Water Authority has highlighted some of the region’s core industries – including tourism, manufacturing and brewing – that would not exist without substantial investments in water supply reliability.
Those industries provide tens of thousands of jobs that help make San Diego County universally regarded as one of the best places to live. Period. How is that possible? Only with continued investments in the pumps, pipes, projects and people who deliver more than 450,000 acre-feet of water per year for everything from washing hotel towels and growing avocados to brewing craft beer and building ships.
It’s all Brought to You by Water.
And water requires continued investments to ensure it’s available when and where people want it for their homes and their businesses. That’s why the San Diego Water Authority and its 24 member agencies are raising awareness about how safe and reliable water supplies fuel San Diego County’s economy and quality of life through a program called Brought to You by Water.
In fact, a June 2018 report by the San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation says total regional sales supported per day by reliable access to water reach $482 million. That’s equivalent to 2.7 Comic-Cons every day!
Brought to You by Water features four key industries at the start, but several other sectors play critical roles in our regional economy and will be highlighted during future phases of the outreach program. They include:
- Take a photo of your favorite local beverage – coffee or beer.
- Post the photo on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #B2UbyH2O between February 1-28, 2019
- Win prizes from local coffee roasters, restaurants and craft breweries! Winners will be announced weekly on social media!
- Contest begins: Friday, February 1, 2019
- Contest ends: Thursday, February 28, 2019
Be SocialFollow us on social media for contest updates and winner announcements:
- Participants must be 18 or older. Winners will be asked to show proof of age.
- Photos must be posted on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #B2UbyH2O.
- Photos will be accepted from February 1-28, 2019. The cutoff time is 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2019.
- Weekly prizes will be selected at random from qualified entries on February 7, 14, 21 and 28. Each week, the Water Authority staff will assign numbers to eligible entries on Instagram and Twitter, then randomly draw numbers to determine the winning entries.
- Employees and Board members of the Water Authority and their immediate families are not eligible for prizes but may contribute images.
- Submitting a photo indicates you have read and understood the rules and are knowingly and voluntarily participating in the contest.
- By submitting a photo to the contest, the contestant affirms that he or she has obtained written consent from all individuals whose image or likeness appears in the photo. The contestant further affirms that he or she has obtained the necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions to use all material in the photo and that no copyright or other intellectual property rights are violated by the submission. The contestant assumes sole responsibility for the photo and the material contained in it and also for the consequences of the submission.
- Photo submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, incitement to violence, express commercial solicitation or promotion. Submissions also must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating or disrespectful to groups, individuals or institutions. Submissions must be suitable for a public audience.
- The Water Authority is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected photos.
- The Water Authority reserves the right to disqualify, at its sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria, or to contest rules.
- The Water Authority reserves the right to delete/discard submissions that don’t adhere to contest rules and disclaimers.
- The Water Authority reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the contest or take any action in its best interest.
- By entering the photo contest, participants grant the Water Authority and those authorized by it, a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce the entries in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational programs, publications, PowerPoint presentations, publicity efforts, and all other standard Water Authority purposes. Participants consent to the Water Authority’s use of their names in any list of winners and for promotional purposes in any media without payment or further consideration.
- Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The Water Authority will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- The Water Authority assumes no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload, download or otherwise access any information in connection with participating in the contest. The Water Authority assumes no responsibility or liability for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with participation in the contest.
- All participants shall hold the Water Authority and its sponsors, directors, officers, employees, and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with participant’s entrance in the contest and acceptance or use of a prize. The Indemnified Parties are not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of participant’s’ participation in the contest or winner’s acceptance and usage of a prize. The Indemnified Parties are not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond their control. Participants are solely responsible for their entries.
- Participants may not submit materials that introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or are off-topic, partisan-political, contain advertising, nudity, personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, sexually explicit, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- Participants agree that all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Photo Contest rules or any prize awarded shall be resolved by the appropriate court located in San Diego County. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, participants’ rights and obligations, in connection with the Photo Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California.