- Never approach or touch electric lines. A shock could cause severe injury or death.
- Keep yourself, other people and any objects you’re touching at least 10 feet clear of overhead electric lines. Many things can conduct electricity, such as tools, machinery, equipment, scaffolding, metal ladders, fruit- picking poles, antennas, satellite dishes, pool skimmer handles and boat masts.
Call SDG&E at 1-800-411-7343 to remove anything caught in electric lines.
Beware of fallen or broken power lines
- Never approach or touch a fallen power line or a person or vehicle in contact with the line.
- Always assume a downed line is live.
- Report downed power lines immediately by calling 911.
- If an electric line touches your vehicle while you are inside, remain calm and stay inside your vehicle until emergency help arrives. Warn others to stay away and direct them to call SDG&E. Do not touch the vehicle and the ground at the same time.