The Coast Highway Corridor Study effort has focused on assessing projects that are consistent with the Vision and Strategic Plan and address the needs of the community through:
- Improving pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure with a focus on safety and comfort
- Enhancing access to transit
- Modifying the roadway with roundabouts to improve traffic flow
- Increasing the supply of parking to improve access to businesses along the corridor
- Encouraging economic development through improvements in mobility and the public streetscape
- Promoting Smart Growth development practices
The Coast Highway Corridor Study Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) and response to comments was scheduled to be posted on the project webpage on March 30th, 2019.
A tentative schedule has been set for both Planning Commission and City Council meetings on the following dates:
Planning Commission hearing - May 6th, 2019
City Council workshop (2 p.m.) - June 12th, 2019
Future announcements will be sent out confirming the meeting dates and times.
Additionally, a fact sheet has been included with this announcement to help answer continuing questions on the proposed Incentive District along Coast Highway.
Click here for a copy of the fact sheet!