● An adjusted gross income of $34,000 or less in 2018;
● Are eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC); or
● Are active duty military
All qualifying taxpayers will have the opportunity to prepare and file their federal and state tax returns at no cost, using TurboTax® Free File Program software to help identify/claim all tax credits and deductions they are eligible for. Volunteers will be on-hand to assist as needed.
This event will promote the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and ensure EITC-eligible families and individuals claim this important credit. Currently, there are an estimated 600,000 eligible Californians. EITC could boost a tax refund by up to $6,318, based on income and family size. Individuals can learn if they are eligible by visiting http://caleitc4me.org -- the EITC Calculator.
Participants should bring the following documents:
- Form of Government Identification
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer’s Identification Number (ITIN Card or Letter) for each family member
- Proof of income including W2s and 1099 forms
- Documentation of deductible expenses
- Health Insurance Form (1095-A) (if health insurance was purchased through the marketplace for any family member)
- Account and routing numbers of checking or savings accounts for direct deposit and a faster refund
- Copy of 2017 tax return or IRS transcript, or TurboTax 2017 login and email information
The event is part of a statewide tour sponsored by the Computer & Communications Industry Association (CCIA) and the Intuit Financial Freedom Foundation (IFFF). Thanks to committed Intuit employee volunteers, the Saturday event is expected to serve more than 100 people.
While walk-ins are welcome, interested taxpayers are encouraged to visit bit.ly/OceanTaxEvent or call 1-888-268-1666 to make an appointment.