New this year, residents can also participate in the Challenge by completing hands-on environmental projects or actions in their own backyard or neighborhood. Visit www.greenoceanside.org for more information on how to participate and earn a sustainability kit from Green Oceanside for sharing your activities.
- How to participate:
- Residents take a pledge to conserve water and energy by selecting actions they can take to be more sustainable.
- Residents can complete a home-based environmental project, choosing from a range of at-home activities to conserve water and improve water quality in their communities.
- How to pledge: Pledging only takes one minute and can be done online or on paper.
- Online: Visit www.mywaterpledge.com and complete your pledge for Oceanside!
- On paper: The attached flyer has a paper version on the online pledge, residents can complete the pledge card and either mail it in to the City or drop it off at the Water Department counter (see flyer for complete details).
- Why Pledge: Residents who pledge are entered into a daily prize drawing for great prizes, including $3,000 towards utility bill payment! There are also additional prize opportunities for residents who share their at-home sustainability efforts with the Green Oceanside team.