- Know the location of the nearest exits, evacuation routes, automated external defibrillator (AED) and fire extinguishers
- Know your building security and floor leaders
- Participate in emergency exercises, drills and training programs
- Advise your supervisor of potential hazards so these can be corrected
- Eliminate potential fire hazards by keeping offices and cubicles free from paper clutter and recycle all unnecessary paper
Don’t forget… if you see a downed power line or suspect a natural gas leak, leave the area immediately and call SDG&E at 1-800-411-7343 or 911. Never touch a fallen power line or anything in contact with it. Find more safety tips.