There are ways to save money when it comes to your business’s energy use. Try these tips to help trim your energy bills.
1. Adjust your thermostat. Invest in a smart thermostat and enroll in SDG&E’s Smart Thermostat Program. You’ll be rewarded $50 for each thermostat you register (up to four thermostats). Get details here.
2. Tune your HVAC. Just as a tune-up for your car can improve gas mileage, an annual tune-up of your heating and cooling system can improve efficiency and comfort. Schedule a no-cost energy audit. You may also receive installed energy-efficient products at no cost or a discount!
3. Keep a consistent HVAC maintenance schedule. Not all businesses have the same needs for their HVAC systems. Talk to your preferred contractor to provide customized care your system needs to boost performance.
4. Install advanced control sensors. This improves a ventilation system’s operating power for energy efficiency. These controls count the number of people in a room and adjust the heat and air conditioning accordingly. Advanced controls can reduce energy use by up to 40%.
5. Check out the area around each vent for proper ventilation. Make sure there is adequate airflow. Move obstructions like furniture and curtains. Don’t keep vents closed to save energy. It can change the way the air is distributed and cause an imbalance to the operation of your HVAC system.
Get more helpful energy-saving and safety tips.
Leave a Reply.