SDG&E recognizes that this can be a challenging time for many customers and may be able to help if you are having trouble paying your bill. You may be eligible for programs and services that can provide immediate financial assistance and help you avoid interruptions in your service. Flexible payment arrangements are available to help you pay down past due balances. Learn more here.
Check out these energy assistance programs:
1. California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program: Save 30% or more every month on your bill. Find out if you qualify.
2. Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) Program: If you don’t qualify for CARE and your household has 3 or more people, you may qualify for FERA. You could receive an 18% discount on your electric bill. Click here to learn more.
3. Energy Savings Assistance (ESA) Program: You may qualify to receive free energy-saving improvements for your home, such as new appliances, lighting, insulation and more. Find details here.
4. Arrearage Management Plan (AMP): If you have outstanding bills and you are a CARE or FERA customer, you may be eligible for debt forgiveness. See if you qualify.
5. Low-income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): This program offers up to $1,000 towards your energy bill. This Federal assistance program also provides support for energy-related home improvements. Learn more.
Even if you made a recent payment or set up a flexible payment plan with SDG&E, there may still be assistance programs available to help you. For a complete list of available offerings, click here.