- The Civic Center and Mission Branch Libraries will be open for Grab and Go Service Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Bookmobiles and Oceanside READS Learning Center will not be open during this phase.
- Self-service pickup of materials will be available inside the Libraries, using the self-check kiosks. Customers will need their Library card number. Additionally, short-term browsing will be allowed, although the number of customers allowed in the building at one time may be limited.
- Home Delivery of material will still be an option for most Oceanside residents, but Curbside Pickup of requested material will no longer be available.
- The Book Return bins in front of the Libraries are open and are emptied by staff Monday through Friday. All returned material is quarantined for 96 hours before it is returned to circulation. Overdue fines will not be charged on material during the quarantining process.
- There will be a limited number of self-service public computers available for customers to use for one half-hour per day. Self-service printing, faxing and scanning will be available.
- In the initial reopening stage, casual seating and phone charging will not be available. The Library’s meeting and study rooms will be unavailable as they will be utilized for quarantining returned material. All in-person programs are suspended, but many regular programs, such as storytimes and book clubs, are currently being held online.
- All customers will be required to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing while inside the Library.
For more information on Library programs and services, or for information on the Library’s reopening plans, visit www.oceansidepubliclibrary.org, call 760-435-5600 or visit the Library’s Facebook or Instagram pages @Oceansidelibrary.