The State legislature enacted ADU legislation between 2017 and 2019 with the intent to reduce regulatory barriers and costs, streamline approval, and expand the potential capacity for ADUs in response to California's housing shortage.
Oceanside residents who are interested in constructing an ADU are encouraged to attend this informative workshop: Topics include:
- An overview of new ADU legislation
- City regulations and incentives
- Guidance through the permitting and construction process
- An overview of costs and financing
- Question and answer session with City staff and industry professionals
Additional information regarding ADUs is available on the City’s ADU webpage.
For questions, please contact Rob Dmohowski or (760) 435-3563.