- Addition of a $3 Day Pass for Seniors/Disabled/Medicare (SDM) and Youth riders for MTS bus, Trolley, Rapid, SPRINTER and BREEZE ($6 for Rapid Express)
- All Day Passes are available on the free Compass Cloud app
- Increase the Adult Day Pass from $5 to $6
- The SPRINTER/BREEZE monthly pass has been combined with the Regional Monthly pass and will now be $72 to include service on the MTS bus and Trolley
- Reduce the monthly discounted pass price for Youth from $36 to $23 for MTS bus, Trolley, Rapid, SPRINTER and BREEZE ($32 for Rapid Express)
- Increase the monthly discounted pass price for SDM passengers from $18 to $23 for MTS bus, Trolley, Rapid, SPRINTER and BREEZE ($32 for Rapid Express)
- Increase the minimum age for senior discounts from 60 to 65 years (people born on or before Sept. 1, 1959 will remain eligible for reduced fares)
- Create a single one-way fare price ($2.50) for MTS bus, Trolley, Rapid, SPRINTER and BREEZE
- An increase in COASTER fares
- Elimination of 2, 3, 4 and 14-day passes
- Elimination of free Trolley transfers to align with bus fare policy
The fare changes are designed to increase fare revenue and close a structural budget deficit. These are the first increases in fares in 10 years, a period in which operating costs have climbed by more than 25%. The changes also simplify the fare structure across the region, making fare purchases easier to understand.
For further information about the new fares and fare products, contact MTS at sdmts.com/619-233-3004 or NCTD at GoNCTD.com/760-966-6500.
About NCTD: The North County Transit District is a public transportation agency providing over 10 million passenger trips annually throughout North San Diego County and into downtown San Diego. NCTD’s system includes BREEZE buses (with FLEX service), COASTER commuter trains, SPRINTER hybrid rail trains, and LIFT paratransit service. NCTD’s mission is to deliver safe, convenient, reliable and user-friendly public transportation services. For more information visit: GoNCTD.com.
About MTS: MTS operates 95 bus routes and three Trolley lines on 53 miles of double-tracked railway. Every weekday 300,000 passenger trips are taken on MTS bus and Trolley services in 10 cities and the county. In FY 2018, MTS served 86 million riders. For more information on how you can use public transportation and save money, go to www.sdmts.com.