- Ghazala Sharieff, M.D., MBA, is now chief medical officer for acute care, clinical excellence and experience. Earlier, Dr. Sharieff served in this role on an interim basis. She previously was Scripps’ chief experience officer and has held other leadership roles with Scripps, Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego and national medical practice group CEP-America (now Vituity) of Emeryville, Calif.
- Anil Keswani, M.D., is now chief medical officer for ambulatory and accountable care. This executive oversight includes systemwide clinical service lines and the Scripps Accountable Care Organization. Most recently, Dr. Keswani served in this role on an interim basis. He previously led population health efforts at Scripps Health and earlier served as vice president of medical management at Chicago-based Advocate Healthcare.
- Shane Thielman is now corporate senior vice president and chief information officer. He previously served as interim CIO and has also held leadership roles at Scripps in information management, medical management, project management and strategic planning. Thielman also worked as an administrative resident at Duarte, Calif.-based City of Hope.
- Eric Cole is now corporate senior vice president for human resources. Before being named to lead HR operations at Scripps, Cole held a variety of executive leadership positions in human resources and human capital management for the organization. Earlier, he served as vice president of human resources and administrator of physician services for Presbyterian Healthcare Services of Albuquerque, N.M.
- Barbara Price is now corporate senior vice president for strategy and planning. Previously, Price was corporate senior vice president and chief executive of the Scripps Accountable Care Organization. Earlier, she led business and care line development at Scripps. Before joining Scripps, Price held leadership positions with Kaiser Permanente in Oakland, Calif. and Sharp Healthcare in San Diego.
ABOUT SCRIPPS HEALTH
Founded in 1924 by philanthropist Ellen Browning Scripps, Scripps Health is a nonprofit integrated health care delivery system based in San Diego, Calif. Scripps treats more than 600,000 patients annually through the dedication of 3,000 affiliated physicians and more than 15,000 employees among its five acute-care hospital campuses, home health care services, 28 outpatient centers and clinics, and hundreds of affiliated physician offices throughout the region.
Recognized as a leader in disease and injury prevention, diagnosis and treatment, Scripps is also at the forefront of clinical research. With three highly respected graduate medical education programs, Scripps is a longstanding member of the Association of American Medical Colleges. Scripps has been ranked five times as one of the nation’s best health care systems by Truven Health Analytics. Its hospitals are ranked No. 1 in San Diego County and among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Scripps also is recognized by Advisory Board, Fortune and Working Mother magazine as one of the best places in the nation to work. More information can be found at www.scripps.org.