- Temperature control – adjusting the thermostat can help you save. Set the office thermostat between 65 – 68 degrees during business hours and lower it to 60 – 65 when your business closes for the day.
- Heating and cooling – maintenance on your heating, venting and air conditioning (HVAC) can ensure your systems and equipment are working as they should all year round. By changing your filters regularly and tuning your HVAC equipment annually, you’ll improve its efficiency and save on your energy bill.
- Insulate your water heater – insulating the first three feet of the heater water out pipe, especially if your water heater is older than seven years, can set you on the path to saving energy and money.
- Plug/seal leaks – got leaks? Plug and seal them with weather stripping and caulking to help prevent any heat loss which can be costly in the long run.
- Plant trees around your building – depending on the location of your building, have trees planted around it. Doing so can help shield your office from weather conditions throughout the year, including winter winds.
- Employee involvement – if you’re looking for new ways to conserve energy, why not ask your employees to offer ideas? Educating your employees on ways they can be energy-conscious can help create a collaborative and energy–efficient work culture where everyone benefits. For more ideas to lower your energy use at work, visit sdge.com/biz-energy-tips.
As we transition into cooler weather, you’ll want to keep your employees warm. Did you know that by implementing a few tips your business can save on its energy use? From regulating your temperature control to involving employees in your energy-saving objectives, there are collaborative ways to lower your energy bills this winter.
Here are 6 tips that can help reduce your costs without having to sacrifice the comfort of your employees:
local, county, regional, state, national and internal news.
North County San Diego communities: Oceanside, Camp Pendleton, Carlsbad, Vista, San Marcos, Escondido, Ramona, Bonsall, Fallbrook and Encinitas.